Mindfulness 101: Mindfulness for Busy Leaders
Why mindfulness matters
Our lives are faster and busier than ever before. Juggling an impossible number of tasks, we often go into a state of mental autopilot, barely aware of what’s happening to us and around us.
Recent studies have shown the endless ways mindfulness can positively impacts our lives: less worry, better health, improved focus, and more fulfilling relationships, as well as better business results. Recent breakthroughs in neuroscience have proven that regular mindfulness practice can actually change the brain, making it possible to let go of old negative patterns.
Entrepreneurs, founders and CEOs of successful multi-million businesses have made mindfulness part of their daily lives, a critical ally to fully tap into their creativity, resilience and grit.
“Mindfulness will help you clear away the trivia and needless worries about unimportant things, nurture passion for your work and compassion for others, and develop the ability to empower the people in your organization.” - Bill George, Harvard Professor, Former Chairman and CEO of Medtronic
GOALS & OBJECTIVES:
In this two-hour training, participants will understand the meaning of Mindfulness and how it helps one get offmental autopilot and notice what is happening in the present moment with an attitude of curiosity and kindness. Most importantly we will discover how to incorporate mindfulness techniques into the busy lives of leaders.
We will cover the following topics:
- What is mindfulness and how it changes the brain
- Recognize the impact of the “autopilot” on personal and professional lives
- How to practice meditation and mindfulness techniques
- Resources to integrate mindfulness into daily practice
Participants will walk away with the understanding of how to use mindfulness to:
- Cultivate emotional and cognitive self-awareness to increase leadership effectivness
- Recharging and avoiding burn-out
- Reducing reactivity under pressure
- Increasing empathy
- Aligning action with intention
- Increasing creativity and ability to learn
Contact us to bring this training to your organization.